Thursday 4 October 2012

One of My Struggles


 
During the course of my life I’ve encountered a lot of amazing people. Those I could talk to for hours, those I traveled with, those who impacted my life in personal levels, and those who became part of the inner circle. 

Since I’m a very nostalgic person, sometimes I like to trace these relationships back to where they started; hoping to find a similar pattern that could teach me something about myself!  It doesn’t always work that way! Not all these people have similar background; in fact, most of them don’t even share the same interests with me, and strangely enough, not all of them were able to make a good impression on me when we first met! But what almost applies to all of them is that as I took the step, invested time, and got to know these people I started to find amazing things about their personalities, life styles, experiences, and their dreams which brought us closer to each other.  

I often ask myself, how my life would have looked like if I hadn’t invested in knowing a certain friend or acquaintance. The answer sometimes scares me! 


Mother Teresa says: “if you judge people, you will have no time to love them.”


I’ve been guilty of doing this in numerous cases myself. In fact, it’s still an area that I’m struggling with, but what hurts me the most is when other people hate me as a result of a misunderstanding, or judging the outcome of an inside emotion or thought without knowing what has caused it in the first place. 

Being hated is probably one of the most painful experiences anyone can face. Most people try to ignore it. There are thousands of those inspiring quotes online that suggest moving on, or thinking of the person who has judged you as nothing, or as an invaluable individual with a poisoned thinking, but what if that person is not a total stranger? What if you’ve been misunderstood or disliked by someone you really care about? How are we supposed to handle that? Should we just accept that nothing can be done, and move on? Or ……….. is there really a solution? Can we force someone to invest into knowing us?!


These are some thoughts that even occupy a mind of a traveler. Sometimes you just leave, because the time has come; sometimes you leave because there is nothing left to stay for; but sometimes you live with a BIG HOPE in your heart. Hopping that one day you can come back! 


Sometimes you leave a country, sometimes a city, sometimes someone’s heart…


No comments:

Post a Comment